As Garbage Collection experts in Pitt County, we care deeply about recycling. Here’s a handy short guide on how to start recycling the right way..
What You Can Recycle
When it comes to recycling it can be kind of daunting in terms of what goes where, here’s how it breaks down:
- Plastic– Bottles, containers and jugs
- Paper- Mixed paper, newspaper, Jars and bottles cartons, phone books, envelopes, magazines, junk mail and flattened cardboard
- Metal– Aluminum steel or tin cans and EMPTY aerosol cans
- Glass– Jars and Bottles
For a more definitive guide, check out Recycle More NC’s visual guide.
What You Can’t Recycle
There’s a number of things you can’t recycle and that’s where our garbage collection comes in. Here’s a list to go by:
- Various Disposable Plastics– Plastic bags, Styrofoam, and Disposable Food Trays
- Home Items– cups, cutlery, hardcover books, dishes, cookware, plates, cups, and ceramics
- Fabrics– clothing, dish towels, and unneeded fabric
- Liquid Waste– Paint, Cleaners, and Oils
- Large debris– construction materials, tires, and yard waste
- Miscellaneous– Receipts, electronics, lightbulbs, garden hoses, window glass, and mirror class
Especially for this, we are happy to help you with what you can’t recycle and can answer any questions you have.
How to Find Ways to Recycle
If you’re in a public place and want to recycle, you can use Earth911’s iRecycle App for iPhone to locate all recycling places near you. If the business you’re at doesn’t have a recycling program, ask about it. There are flyers at Recycle More NC that you can give them for more information.
How Else Can We Help?
The best way to make sure you are doing garbage collection the right way in Pitt County is to partner with a service that suits your needs. At Countryside Sanitation we can make sure we can pick up your garbage on your schedule and to your specifications. If you’re interested, contact us and we’ll see how we can help.